1.3. Create Table-Content Section
When you create the menu items, you can call the titles with a single command and displays the entire content in the form of a table. Article titles are not displayed in the form of content (content), but it was just a list (list of titles). To view the contents, click the title of the list. This technique is almost the same when creating menu items Blog-Content Section. The difference lies in the displayed results. For more details please follow the instructions below.
- As usual, click New to create a new menu item.
- Once on the page of New Menu items, click the options Table-Content Section.
- Enter the name of the menu item in the Name TextBox. Set up some specifications is required. You can see in the previous discussion about the Blog-Content Section above. If you have finished click the Save button to save your changes. Take a look at the results by selecting the menu Site > Preview > In New Window.
- In the section it appears clear that the menu item displays only a few links in one Section. For example, the Category Network contains 1 titles, as well as with the other category.
- To view the contents, you can just click a category. For example: you select the Network category.
- After the click Network category it will pop up a list of some of the titles that are in the category of networking. Because we only have 1 titles only so that it appears only one. You are trying to create another title in the category network, then you will feel the results.
- On the picture displayed a list of article titles are arranged by date, title, author, item and hits. For its contents, click the title of the article, then it will appear throughout the content that they contain.
- On the list content section there are also other options when you choose one category so you no longer need to look for another category. You can just choose the category you want from the list that is displayed in a quick and practical.
1.4. Create Record (archive)
The articles that are already old (expired) should be placed into the archive so that not too much content that is displayed on the main page. In terms of creating the archive, the Mambo have toolnya already provides. You don’t have to bother pondering scipt to create archives. Collection of archives organized by month and year. To be more practical and efficient, should be made to schedule a monthly article about. For instance, in January there were 20 articles. If you have already arrived in February then the whole article in the month of January, archived and replaced with articles for the month of February. And if it’s already arrived in March then the whole article in February should created the archive and replaced with a new article for the March, as soon as next month.
Mambo has the ability to create archives based on the Category and Section. You are free to select the best possible way. Before you create the menu items file, first you have to archive an entire article on the Content Items Manager. For more details, follow the instructions below.
- The first step select the menu Content > Content by Section > Tutorial > Tutorial Items.
- After being in the Content Items Manager page, select the title of the article who wanted to created archives by clicking the check box to the left of the title of the article.
- After being given a check mark, click the Record button in the toolbar.
- After clicking on the Record button, it will pop up a message that the 2 item (title) the article has been successfully included in the archive.
- You can see a list of articles that are placed in the Archive Manager (Record Manager). Click the menu Content > Archive Manager.
- On page Record Manager, appears to be a list of items that have been archived.
- Although the articles have been archived, you can restore the original state before such as archived by selecting Unarchieve button.
- Now, you can create a menu item that contains a collection of archived articles. First select the Menu > mainmenu.
- After being on the Menu Manager, click the New button.
- Once on the page of New Menu items, click the Blog-Content Section Record.
- You will lie on the page Add Menu Item:: Blog-Content Section Record. Enter a title for the stuffing box Archive Name. Arrange some of its specifications, see the discussion earlier in this chapter. When you are finished, click the Save button to save the changes made.
- On the Menu Manager menu item appears with the new name of the archive. To see the results, select the menu Site > Preview > In New Window.
1.5. Create Sub Menu items
As described in the previous section, the Menu Item is simply a link that bridges the main purpose of the intended content. So, the most important is the content itself. To make it easier to create and organize content, first create a framework for systematically so that when his very much content can be edited according to category.
Sub menu items need to be made to ease the user selects the desired menu so that in a short time was able to find the information sought. The making of the sub menu items are essentially the same when creating menu items. The difference is in the main (Parent) are followed. If you have a Top, then such menu items as the main item that stands on its own without any other item parent. For more details please follow the instructions below.
- First select the menu Menu > main menu to create the new menu item.
- After being on the Menu Manager, click the New button.
- On the page of New Menu items, click the options Link-Content Item.
- Enter the title of the sub menu items will be displayed.
- In the selection of Content to Links, select the Tutorials – Programming/programming techniques with PHP.
- On the selection of the Parent Item, select Tutorial.
- Once finished click the Save button to save your changes. On the Menu Manager (mainmenu) appeared a new sub menu item under the Tutorial.
- To train your skills, try to make some of the sub menu items. The manufacturing steps are the same with the above.
- Show on front page (front page).
- You can also create sub sub menu item again. So the sub menu item has a sub menu item again. However this is less good for applied because it is too complicated for users to find the desired information.
2. Other Menus (menus Etc)
Other Menu (Other menu) functions the same as main Menu, because both use the same module main menu (mod_mainmenu). The difference is in the function and purpose of each menu.
Main Menu generally contains the main information contained in such sites, while Other Menu usually contains additional information such as links to other related sites. Because of the way the menu item creation are the same as on the Main Menu, then it is not discussed further. To create a menu item on a Menu, select Other menus Menu > othermenu.
3. Top Menu
Top Menu generally contain a submenu for linking to the main page (Home), but put the menu items like: Guestbooks, Contact Us, Gallery, and others in top manu item menu. The technique of making sub menu is basically the same with the Other Menu and Main Menu, so it does not need to be described in more detail again. A discussion of the Top Menus will be described in other chapters of the Component and the Guestbook.
4. User Menu
The User menu contains the about detail information about the user. Users can submit news and send you a weblink to your site. When users submit news or weblink, there will automatically appear on the main page of the site. Delivery Status is still pending, while fully arranged to publish it by the Administrator.
Users can have all the facilities if you already register (registration) in advance. So all the facilities like Your Details, Submit News, Submit a weblink and Check-In My Items will not show up if you haven’t already signed up in advance.