1. PhpMyAdmin & MySQL Server
Before starting to install Mambo or Joomla, you should first create a database to store information across content that exists on your site. The Database function to identify the name of the database, the name of the following administrator password, and the name of the hosting. The Database needs to be made so that all the data that has been made and preserved are not mixed with other databases.
After the active MySQL Server, phpMyAdmin to create datase run by way of clicking the phpMyAdmin. Now, you can create a database on phyMyAdmin. Click the PhpMyAdmin, please wait a few moments. After the phpMyadmin window appears, you can create, edit, and delete the existing database. In addition, you can also set the name of the administrator, the administrator password, and access rights such as data files, update, delete, or insert a file. Can also specify the rights to create and delete databases, or even be able to turn off the server (shutdwown).
- Create a database name for the site that you will create in the TextBox (Create a New Databse), e.g.: grafx.
- Click the Create button to create a new database.
- Database for your site already formed by the name of grafx. You can look under the Uniform Server menu. There is written: Server = localhost Database = grafx and. .. Or you can also look in the left menu written Databases = grafx.
- You can then set the access rights (Privileges) to determine the User (users) are entitled to access the database. Activate menu Home (marked with the House) to get back to the main page.
- Click Privileges.
- On the menu, there are some Privileges a user name (user), the name of the hosting (host), password, and privileges of the global grant. Create a user name (user) database for grafx. By clicking on the menu Add a new User.
- Once the menu Add a New User shows up, arrange some specs. Enter the user name (User name), Host (default = localhost), and a Password. Make a note of all the information (user and password) because it will be used when installing Mambo.
- Next, set access levels (Global Privileges). You can click Ceck the All, and then click Go.
- After you click the Go button, it will pop up a message that informs the user name = host = localhost on admingrafx.
- The need to diiperhatikan that that user name is already in the record including the database. But you have yet to define the access rights of the user (admingrafx) for the database. At the bottom of the menu, click Use text field box, select the database name grafx and click Go.
- On the top it says user name and database name, it means: User name for database grafx on localhost. Now you have created the database and have determined the name of the user (users), as well as the user’s permissions on the database grafx. The next process, installing the Open Source Mambo or Joomla.
2. Installation of Mambo
The last Mambo version is 4.5.2., you can download it on the homepage: www.mamboforge.net. Before starting to install Mambo, create a folder under the folder www at Uniserver3_2a. The folder name is up to you, these folders function to put the entire file Mambo. So the folder under C:\UniServer3_2a\diskw\www
- If you follow the instructions in this article, create a folder with the name of grafx. This is to make it easier when given the name of the database in MySQL. Actually, the name of the folder and name of the database that has been created does not have to be the same. After forming the new folder name, create a duplicate (copy) the files under folder Mambo folder into the grafx.
- Start Internet Explorer (or a similar browser: Netscape, Opera or Mozilla Firefox). We assume program Uniserver3_2a is already well underway.
- On the homepage address (Address) and then press Enter. After that, the Mambo installation window will appear. It should be noted, the name of the folder under the www as a Mambo files serve as the name of your site on localhost.
- Click Next to move to the next stage.
- Slide the windows scroll to see the menu does not appear, and then click the I Accept box the GPL License. Then click Next to move to the next stage.
- Enter the hostname = localhost, MySQL User Name = (see user name when you create the database in phpMyAdmin), MySQL Password = (see user’s password when you create the database in phpMyAdmin), MySQL Database Name = grafx. When you are finished, click Next to move to the next stage. Click Ok if the message.
- Installation process phase 1 has been successful, now enter the name of your site, for example: grafx.com or grafx.net or grafx.org up to you. Then click Next to to the next stage.
- Enter your e-mail address and change the Administrator password that has been assigned the Mambo randomly. You have to remember and be able to distinguish between the Database and the password for the Mambo. If you do not want to meet the difficulty, make the same password. When you are finished click Next.
- Installation of Mambo has been successful. You need to make a note of your username and password in Mambo, Mambo username for certain named Admin (default of Mambo).
- You can see the shape of the site that are provided by default by Mambo. Click View Site, it will appear offline site that reminds you to remove or replace folder Installation folder under other names with Grafx for security.
- Change name to Installation – old.
- After renaming the folder or delete it, click the Refresh button to see the back.
Good luck hope you succeed …