There are certain steps you can take to extend your laptop battery’s life, today AussieBatt notebook battery experts Jack share the tricks for improving your Dell latitude e5420 business laptop battery life.
1. Dim the monitor. Most laptop computers have this option available and many include CPU and cooling enhancement enabling you to squeeze every last bit of power from your laptop battery.
2. Exercise your Dell Latitude E5420 Laptop Battery. Do not let charged battery sit idle for an extended amount of time. You should use the battery a minimum of one time every two to three weeks once it is charged. And never allow a Li-On Dell studio 1749 laptop battery to completely discharge. Only older laptop batteries with memory effects should be allowed to discharge.
3. Keep the battery contacts free of dust and debris. Clean the battery’s metal contacts frequently with a clean cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it and you will maintain power transfer efficiency.
4. Reduce the number of programs that are active in the background. You may be running programs such as ITunes, Desktop Search, and so on. These all contribute to your laptop CPU usage which quickly lowers battery life. Shut down everything you don’t need when operating on Dell Latitude E5410 Battery.
5. Limit the use of external devices. This includes all USB devices. Your mouse and Wi-Fi use a lot of notebook battery juice. Simply shut them down or unplug them. And never charge your MP3 or iPod when solely operating on battery power.