“Our purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of an array of global investors, many of whom are public pensioners. We work for our investors.”
– BILL CONWAY, CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER
The Carlyle Group is a global alternative asset manager with more than $180 billion in assets under management across 118 funds and 81 fund of funds vehicles. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,400 professionals operating in 34 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Japan, Asia and Australia.
We Work For Our Investors
More than 1,550 investors from 74 countries rely on Carlyle to achieve premium returns on their invested capital. Our investors range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Through an array of products and geographic specific-funds, we work to meet the dynamic needs of the world’s most sophisticated investors.
Four Business Segments
- Corporate Private Equity — buyout and growth capital
- Real Assets — real estate, infrastructure and energy and renewable resources
- Global Market Strategies — distressed and corporate opportunities, corporate mezzanine, energy mezzanine, hedge funds and structured credit
- Global Solutions — private equity fund of funds program and related co-investment and secondary activities
Carlyle Creates Value
Carlyle uses its One Carlyle global network, deep industry knowledge, Executive Operations Group and portfolio intelligence to create and execute a customized value creation plan for each of our corporate private equity and real asset investments.
Reach — One Carlyle Global Network
- More than 650 investment professionals on six continents with local knowledge and relationships
- Our professionals work together across funds, industries and geographies to help colleagues
Expertise — Deep Industry Knowledge
- Invest in sectors we know, and value depth over breadth
- Sectors of focus: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy & power, financial services, healthcare, industrial, infrastructure, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation
Impact — Executive Operations Group
- 24-person team of Operating Executives — C-Level executives and sector specialists with an average of over 40 years’ experience
- Advise Carlyle professionals through the investment process, from sourcing deals, conducting diligence, managing companies and exiting transactions
Data — Portfolio Intelligence
- Global portfolio of more than 200 companies and 300 active real estate investments as of June 30, 2013 generates real-time, actionable data
- Incorporate proprietary analysis of data into investment, operational and exit decisions