Let’s Stop Poisoning Our Children

Why should three-year-old Jason Whitley have died a lingering and horrible death after swallowing three ounces of hair conditioner? Two weeks after drinking the liquid, which contains ammonia, the little boy died.

And why should seven-month-old Adrian Gonzales have died? He crawled through a puddle of spilled laundry bleach, which gave him third-degree burns on 50% of his tiny body and burned his lungs from the fumes as well. It took him four agonizing days to die.

And why should little Peter Schwab have suffered so much? When he was a year old, he crawled over to the dishwasher to watch his mother unloading it. Suddenly, he put a finger into the detergent dispensing cup and ate a fingerful of wet but undissolved Electrosol. In minutes his face was red and blistered, and the inside of his mouth and his tongue were burned white. Because of a series of fortunate circumstances, Peter was in a hospital within minutes but he recovered in a few days. Not so for the little girl across the hall in the hospital who (according to Peter’s mother) ate some dishwasher detergent and required seven operations to reopen her scarred esophagus. Or the eighteen-month-old boy who had to eat and breathe through tubes for five months and at last count has had thirty operations. Dishwasher detergent is what destroyed his throat, too

“More children under four die of accidental poisoning at home than are accidentally killed with a gun at home.”
-National Safety Council

Why must these children have to suffer? If only they had never been exposed to such hazardous chemicals. Every year, million household poisoning are reported (50,000 overexposure cases per year are attributed to bleach alone). Sadly, many of the hazardous chemicals are fatal, and most of the victims are children. These poisoning are the result of accidental ingestion of common household substance found in just about every home.

The real tragedy is, accidents like these can easily be avoided. But most parents aren’t aware that there are effective products on the market that are much safer than nationally advertised brands, and, in most cases, cost less.

This message is meant to be a wake-up call for parents. I think you will be shocked to learn about some of the health hazards your child is exposed to every day because of the cleaning and personal care products in your home. I pray you will read this information carefully. Your child’s health and safety may depend on it.

Debra Lynn Dadd – Live Toxic Free

Learn to be Chemical Free

www.gaxiolas.com/

Comments are closed.