First up!!! Congratulations Mr & Mrs Battersby!!! Nope not the Corrie Battersby’s! Our lovely pals Andrew and Rebecca tied the knot at weekend – what a beautiful wedding and what a stunning bride!! As soon as Rebecca walked into the church I burst into tears!! Andrew is Tom’s best friend (although after Tom’s ‘Best Man Speech’ I’m not sure Andy sees it that way anymore!! Ha ha.)
Tom’s best man speech was the best I’ve ever heard! He hadn’t rehearsed in front of me so I was nervous for him…turns out he’s a natural!!
Everyone agreed it was one of the best speeches they’d heard. Andrew spent the whole time with his head in his hands, turning a dark shade of crimson… Well done Tom! Alfie attended the wedding too and looked absolutely adorable in his little tuxedo
Body shaming???? What the??? This appears to be some new craze – in which all participants are clearly very sad, bitter, twisted people with waaaaay too much time on their hands. These pathetic little critters sit at home on their laptops (because they have no friends I’m guessing) slating people’s bodies.
Recent targets include Serena Williams and Selena Gomez… I just don’t get it??? Firstly what right does anyone have to be judgemental or negative about anyone else’s body?? Secondly the irony of it all?? Both girls are SO beautiful!
We are all different, we ALL have body hang ups, in a world filled with stick-thin, air brushed models pushed in our faces every day – when we do see someone with a normal healthy figure we now appear to be repelled??
We are ALL beautiful!! What you may see as ‘imperfect ‘ someone else may wish for. Each time I moan about the size of my thighs or backside I remind myself that some people don’t have legs or can’t walk – so what if I’ve got junk in my trunk?! And let’s be honest – all that really matters is that you can love and BE loved. And that includes loving yourself!
I’m no hypocrite- I’m not quite there yet, but the older I get the more I appreciate all my blessings. Which includes my strong and healthy body- the greatest gift we can ask for right? Do not let ‘haters’ tell you what is beautiful and what isn’t.
Pity these people , in fact – say a little prayer for them! That they may one day learn the value of good health and real beauty. That they will one day be happy enough with themselves and their own mental state to not bring other people down. Bless them- what empty lives they must lead.
On a more positive note! My first week back at Corrie has been wonderful. I’ve missed that place so much! So lovely to see my Corrie family!
Ironically Eva has been hitting the gym too! She’s pretty lame though! She tends to jog for two minutes then necks a can of an energy drink!
Here’s me as Eva with one of my favourite directors – Mr Lee Salisbury!
I’ve been chatting all things ‘Superfoods’ with specialists kaizenliving this week, with so many people classing different foods as ‘Superfoods’, I asked these guys for their true top 5 and why. I’ve covered some of these wonderful foods before – they really are SUPER!! :
‘Superfoods’ is very much a buzzword at the moment & in my opinion it’s one that is perhaps used a little too frequently to describe certain foods. To me a ‘superfood’ is a food that is bursting in goodness – whether that be vitamins, minerals, nutrients, protein, anti-oxidants – I think it should be abnormally high to truly earn that ‘superfood’ title! I’m going to very quickly tell you about 5 of my favourite superfoods and what indeed makes them super!
1) Acai – This is an incredible berry indigenous to the Amazon Rainforest in Brazil. The Acai berry has become incredibly popular in places such as California where many of Hollywood’s finest along with the likes of David Beckham are regularly spotted eating their morning Acai Smoothie Bowls! Well it’s with good reason! The Acai berry contains more antioxidants than any other fruit on the planet, around 20 times more than blueberries in fact. It’s a fantastic energy booster & is incredibly good at helping to promote healthy hair, skin & nails! Not only that but it is high in calcium so great for aiding healthy teeth & bones! Acai is perfect mixed in smoothies and breakfast bowls!
2) Cacao – We often get told that dark chocolate is good for us & the reason for that is down to one thing only – it is higher in raw cacao than milk chocolate & raw cacao is a true superfood! It has the highest antioxidant content of any food on the planet! Even more than the aforementioned acai berry! So it is truly amazing at taking toxins out of our bodies. It also helps to regulate our blood sugar & is high in fibre, magnesium, iron, potassium and copper! Raw cacao can be used to create healthy chocolate flavoured smoothies, healthy hot chocolate drinks & can be used to replace regular cocoa powder in baking!
3) Chia Seeds – “Chia” is actually the Mayan word for ‘strength’ and it’s easy to see why as these little fellas pack an almighty punch! They are packed full of goodness. In fact they contain approximately 15 x more magnesium than broccoli, approximately 5 x more calcium than cow’s milk and around 3 x more iron than spinach! Not only that but they also increase the feeling of fullness so they’re great for anyone looking to lose a few pounds. They have also been shown to help lower cholesterol levels & are a fantastic source of sustainable energy. Chia Seeds can be used in smoothies, baking, sprinkled on yoghurts or get creative & soak them overnight to create your own chia breakfast pot! You can even just add them to a bottle of water to drink throughout the day!
4) Spirulina – In my opinion spirulina is the true king of superfoods. Containing over 60% pure protein and around 80 vitamins, minerals & nutrients spirulina has been described as the most complete food on the planet… in fact NASA even use it as a food for their astronauts in space! There is no food on the planet that has a higher protein content than spirulina & not only that but it is an extremely absorbable source for the body, around 4 x more absorbable than from beef.
Spirulina contains 18 amino acids, including all the essentials making it great for people leading an active lifestyle and a wonderful source of protein & amino acids for vegans. It is packed full of chlorophyll meaning it is great at ridding the body of toxins & perfect for anyone looking to increase their alkalinity levels. It is also high in iron, vitamins B6 & B12, calcium and magnesium! Being an algae, spirulina is a bit of an acquired taste, however it can easily be mixed in with smoothies & vegetable juices. It is also widely available in tablet format but watch the ingredients on these, many use bulking/caking agents in their tablets, try to purchase ones where the ingredients are simply 100% pure spirulina.
5) Wheatgrass – Another superfood that is absolutely brilliant at ridding the body of toxins. So many people swear by their “wheatgrass shots” the morning after the night before & their is science behind this too. Wheatgrass is great at cleansing the liver of toxins and assisting that recovery process. It is also a great natural energy booster so makes for a perfect way to start the day right! It contains 19 amino acids, and has a calcium content that is around 11 x higher than cow’s milk! It is high in iron, copper & zinc as well as vitamin E! Not only that but it is also a great alkaliser & immunity booster! Start the day right by taking wheatgrass as either a morning shot with just water or a small amount of fresh juice or mix in to your smoothies & juices!
As with many other foods, all superfoods are at their best when they are organic & 100% pure!
Also had the opportunity last week, to wear another stunning dress!