Running your own free email newsletter or e-zine can bring massive benefits to your website and profits. Did you know that e-newsletters are one of the most important components for you to drive traffic to your website and build your online business?
The popularity of e-newsletters is based on the thirst for information by information-hungry Internet surfers. The main reason people are online is because they want and need information and that is exactly what e-newsletters provide.
There are 3 major advantages of starting your own e-newsletter, no matter what product or service that you are offering. They are:
– Being able to maintain regular contact
– Being able to build a relationship with your subscribers
– Being able to offer new products and services
An e-newsletter allows you to keep the connection with your site visitors reminding them of how your product is suited for them.
The other, often overlooked, advantage of having a e-newsletter, is the income it can generate, not from selling your products and services, but from selling advertising space in it.
You do need a medium to large subscriber base before other businesses will be interested in advertising, but this is not that hard to achieve, especially if it is regularly full of quality content. You can earn a few hundred, even thousands of dollars, every month just from ads if you play your cards rights.
Your online customers will eventually become your offline customers if they trust the information you regularly send them. Put simply, a newsletter is your way of helping people. If you help people online, eventually they will buy from you.
However, running your own e-newsletter involves a considerable amount of work. It is vital that you regularly write a lot of quality content before your next release. Ideally a e-newsletter should be sent out every week or at least every fortnight. This is not always easy. It definitely takes consistency and a keen eye for content.
You see, just as it is on your website…content is KING in your newsletters.
You need to offer valuable information, products, services, and more to keep your subscribers clicking on every newsletter that you send out.
Where can you get quality content for your newsletter?
1. Article directories like ezinearticles.com or findarticles.com. Also get articles from yahoogroups. The downside to this is that you need to include the author’s signature or resource box.
2. Forums. One of the most dynamic and updated places on the Internet is where people write off the cuff and in real-time. Thread after thread, reply after reply of the latest information comes off the minds of forum participants. Combine interesting topics and reword them into an original article.
3. Your own Inbox right under your nose. Whatever other marketers are writing or selling about, use them to your own advantage and recreate them as your own.
4. Your own insights are really your best resources. When you have passion, you will never stop talking about what you know. Be consistent at no. 4 and soon enough you will find a way to mold yourself into an expert. Continue to expand your knowledge database and add value to it.
In conclusion, running your own e-newsletter can have a very positive impact on your website and online business. If you dedicate yourself to keeping it up, you will find it well worth the effort.