Thai massage was initially performed by monks in Thailand, but it has now become one of the most popular forms of massage in the world. It is also known as Thai Yoga massage because the therapist may use his/her feet, arms, hands and knees to manipulate the recipient’s muscles through a series of movements. Some therapists use acupressure
The energetic and physical aspect of Thai massage is what makes the technique so effective. Traditional Thai massage is a full bodied treatment that starts from the feet to the head. The massage therapist uses a series of gentle movements to move, stretch and loosen the recipient’s body.
When compared to other forms of massage, Thai massage is more rigorous. This massage also restores the flow of energy in the body when acupressure is applied to sen energy lines. It also boosts the immune system and helps several systems of the body such as excretory and circulatory, since all body parts are massaged.
- Thai massage helps to detoxify the body and boosts the immune system
- Lowers blood pressure and increases blood circulation
- Improves breathing
- Relieves back pain and helps arthritis
- Relaxes muscle and increases muscle flexibility
- Slows again
- Improves athletes’ performance
- Tones the body, fights diseases and strengthens joints
- Increases flexibility
- It’s good for athletes
- Helps you build an emotional balance and motivates you to see life on a good perspective
- Calms your mind, especially when you are under stress
- Improves your creativity and concentration
- Mental clarity
- Relieves and reduces stress
- Helps you boost inner energy levels
- Develop self control
- Achieve good health and vitality
- Improves your stamina by raising energy levels
- Helps to build confidence
- Helps to increase focus
What you need to know before going for a Thai massage session
Before you walk into a spur to get a Thai massage, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind. This massage is not for everyone. Some people can’t receive this massage because of their health. They include:
- People who are recovering from surgery
- People who have just had radiation treatment or chemotherapy
- People who regularly experience blood clots
- Pregnant women
- People with heart problems should speak to their doctors before getting a Thai massage. In addition this, Thai massage should also not be performed over tumors, inflamed skin, bruises and unhealed wounds.
It is important that you inform your Thai massage perth therapist about your medical history so that he/she can tailor the message session to your specific needs.
Since Thai massage is more intense, it has many benefits to people who go for regular sessions with an experienced and highly skilled Therapist. In fact, you can start experiencing these benefits on your first session.
With the tremendous benefits of Thai massage, many people around the world are opting for it. The demand for Thai massage services are increasing each day.