- Category: Silicate mineral
- Chemical formula: Al2Si2O5(OH)4
- Color: White, sometimes red, blue or brown tints from impurities
- Crystal habit: Rarely as crystals, thin platy or stacked, More commonly as microscopic pseudohexagonal plates and clusters of plates, aggregated into compact, claylike masses.
- Mohs scale hardness: 2–2.5
Kaolinite is a clay mineral, part of the group of industrial minerals, It is a layered silicate mineral, with one tetrahedral sheet linked through oxygen atoms to one octahedral sheet of alumina octahedra. Rocks that are rich in kaolinite are known as china clay, white clay, or kaolin. Kaolinite has a low shrink-swell capacity and a low cation exchange capacity (1-15 meq/100g.) It is a soft, earthy, usually white mineral, produced by the chemical weathering of aluminium silicate minerals like feldspar .
Uses of Kaolinite
- 1. Kaolin is used in ceramics, medicine, coated paper, as a food additive, in toothpaste, as a light diffusing material in white incandescent light bulbs, and in cosmetics .
- 2. It is also used in paint to extend titanium dioxide (TiO2 ) and modify gloss levels; in rubber for semi-reinforcing properties; and in adhesives to modify rheology .
- 3. Kaolin was long used in the production of common smoking pipes in Europe and Asia.
- 4. The largest use is in the production of paper, including ensuring the gloss on some grades of paper.
- 5. Kaolinite can contain very small traces of uranium and thorium, and is therefore useful in radiological dating .
- 6. Kaolinite has also seen some use in organic farming, as a spray applied to crops to deter insect damage, and in the case of apples, to prevent sun scald.
Kaolin Grinding mill
Kaolin Grinding mill is also called kaolinite Grinding mill because of the name of this material. In the kaolin beneficiation process, grinding is the important stage. Kaolin clay Grinding mill can produce many kinds kaolin clay powder by grinding or crushing Kaolin.
Raymond mill is popular in some kaolin processing plant, which features of small space and strong integration capability. The final grain size of kaolin powder is between 0.613mm-0.044mm. The Raymond mill adopts electromagnetic Vibrating feeder, which ensures even and regular feeding. The electricity system of the Raymond mill is centrally controlled, so no people are needed in the operating room.
Ball millis also widely used as kaolin Grinding mill. The Ball mill can grind the kaolin into powder down to 0.074~0.4 mm and Ball mill for kaolin is the most economical and practical kaolin Grinding mill with high crushing capacity. All the finished particles have a good uniformity of fineness, with passing screen rate as high as 98%. This is what other machines cannot reach.
SCM super thin mill is a kind ultrafine Grinding mill, the final powder size can be down to 325~2500 mesh, which is suitable for being used in paper making, paint making, cosmetics and so on. It is easy to adjust, small in dimension, light in weight, with lower oil and powder consumption and easy maintenance.
Kaolin & Kaolin clay mining
Kaolinite is a clay mineral, part of the group of industrial minerals. It is a layered silicate mineral. Rocks that are rich in kaolinite are known as china clay, white clay, white dirt, chalk or kaolin. Kaolinite is also known as china clay and kaolin. Kaolinite is important to the production of ceramics and porcelain, and to produce glossy paper for magazines.
Kaolin is widely distributed in Georgia, China, Russia, South Africa etc.
Kaolin is widely used in ceramics, medicine, coated paper, food additive, cosmetics, porcelain, paint production, rubber production, paper production and so on.
Kaolin Mining Machine Manufacturer
Our Company is a famous manufacturer of construction and mining machines around the world, and supplies all types of Stone crushing plant stone crusher and grinding machines for crushing and grinding plant. In the field of kaolin grinding, We can supply Raymond mill, Ball mill, ultrafine mill to the clients for grinding kaolin particles into fine kaolin Clay powder. If you want to buy kaolin clay mill or know more information about this, you can contact us.